This is specially my mother's recipe. The best polao I've ever had. Any special occasion we are waiting for this polao. We used to eat with kosha mangso. Sometime my mother cook it in pressure cooker. But she is A master cook. And I will show you the normal way.
Basmati rice : 250 gm.
Pure Ghee : 3 to 4 tbsp
Garam Masala : cardamon, cinnamon, clove all 3 to 4 pieces
Nutmeg powder : pinch of
Bay leaf : 2
Cashew nut : 15 gm.
Raisin : 15 gm.
turmeric or food color : 1 tsp
Sugar : 3 tbsp or as per taste
Salt : 1 tsp
Water : 3 cups
HOW TO COOK :
- Do clean, wash and soak in water the rice for 1 hour.
- Drain out the water spread out the rice for dry.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee, turmeric powder and salt with the rice and mix it well.
- Now keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a handi or a non stick heavy bottomed pan and fry the cashew nut.
- Keep it aside.
- Now add the bay leaf, nutmeg and whole garam masala in the pan and saute for a minute.
- Add the rice and saute for another 3-4 minutes. stir constantly.
- Add the water, raisin, and fried cashew nuts and stir.
- Cook in low flame until the rice done and all the water absorbed.
- Do not forget to stir in slow motion.
- now serve it hot withmutton curry